PROMOTION FROM AS-LEVEL TO SECOND YEAR A-LEVEL
- Only those students who have reached a satisfactory standard in the internal final examinations held by the school and have an attendance record of above 90% in every subject will be permitted to follow the more strenuous Advance level course in the relevant subjects.
- Once again parents are reminded that they should give serious thought before processing the application of their daughter/ ward into our A-Level program.
- Those students who have an A*, A, B or C grade in the Cambridge A/S Level Examination in the relevant subjects will be allowed to continue with these subjects in the second year of A Level. If their AS grade is lower than A, B or C in any one of the subjects, they may be permitted to change the subject in lieu of the teachers advice and will appear in the new subject as an A Level course.
- If the grade is less than the required school standard in two or more subjects, the student must either repeat the entire year or leave the school.
- Navy blue shirt with school monogram on one sleeve.
- Brown Trousers.
- Navy blue dupatta / headscarf with stripped pippin.
- No jewellery of any type to be worn, with the exception of small earrings.
- No make-up in any form is permitted
- Hair should be kept neatly plaited or clipped together.
- No sandals / slippers to be worn.
- Students must wear their school ID cards at all times in the school. Failure to do so will result in a consequence.
- In addition to the summer uniform, the school jacket with the school monogram on the arm.
- It is mendatory to wear the sports uniform on Mondays and for all sports practices.
Every A Level student must be properly attired in the school uniform when in school for any reason. Exemption may be granted only on the express permission of the Principal A Level.
- The tendency for students to miss some or all classes is regrettable. Hence cooperation of parents is sought in this matter. Parents are requested to be especially vigilant with their daughter’s attendance, as the school will be strict in dealing with this matter.
- School and class attendance must be 90%. Breach of which may result in detention, suspension or dismissal from school.
- The overall attendance in a session will directly influence the grades/ percentages in the assessment and examinations.
- In case of illness or unavoidable circumstances, absence from school must be reported ot the same day, followed by a written application addressed to the principal.
- Tardiness and truancy (bunking) are not tolerated in any form. Strict action will be taken.
- For non-attendance of a class, a student may be detained after school.
- For continued absenteeism without information, the student may be asked to leave the school without prior notice.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Students will be obliged to give an undertaking guarantee, by their parents that they will conform in every way to the disciplinary matters and rules of the school.
- Classes will be held from Monday-Friday.
- School reporting time: 7:30am. The school gates will close for student entry at 7:50a.m sharp. No student will be allowed into the premises after the school gates have closed.
- School off time: 3:00 pm.
- School assembly will be held thrice a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 a.m. Attendance for school assembly is mandatory for all students.
- No students will be permitted to leave for home before 12:30 p.m.
- Conversation at all times on the school premises must be in English. This is strictly enforced by the student council and the tutorial staff.
- The school uniform is compulsory at all times within the school premises.
- Colored shoes, sandals and slippers are not to be worn.
- Joggers may be carried or kept in school for games/ sports.
- Consumption of food /drink is prohibited in the class room.
- Student must submit their mobile phones at the office in the morning and take a token. Phones will be returned to the student at the end of the day upon presenting the token.
- Possession and use of mobile phones on the school premises is strictly prohibited. If a mobile phone is found in the possession of the student, it will be confiscated and returned only at the end of the academic year.
- A copy of the CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS will be signed by to the candidate selected for admission.
- Parking in the school compound is only permitted for vehicles belonging to the school and the staff.
- Parking of student’s vehicle is not permitted within the school premises.
- Railway and airline concession forms are completed by the school on request stating destination/station in Pakistan.
- Prior written permission of the principal is necessary before a student attends or conducts a public meeting within or outside the school. College type unions are not allowed as our A Level unit is registered under the Directorates of School Education as a Higher Secondary School.
- Class representatives are appointed in consultation with the teachers.
- No student, teacher or any person or group associated with the school may print the school address or name on any letterhead, or will any rubber stamp or seal of the school be made or used by anyone except the principal or her nominee.
- All correspondence for school matters activities and functions must bear the signature and stamp of the principal or those of her nominee and be written on the school letterhead.
- Students cannot attend or conduct public meeting within the school premises or outside.
- The school has guidance counselors for the students, available for personal, career and college/ university counseling.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The school would like to emphasize an aspect of A Level studies, namely that this course is not essentially textual. Beside the prescribed syllabus and text books, the student has to subsidize and augment her knowledge by additional, relevant reading and information. A Level studies may be defined as a mini research program. These young ladies also need a lot of care, supervision and guidance at home, which the parents or guardians must provide to their ward in order to excel in their academics.