DPS has developed a strict policy for the admissions based on the principles of transparency and fairness, for which purpose the School’s admissions committee collectively reviews cases and selects students. Without discrimination, DPS welcomes girls from all communities and religions, with only merit as the sole criterion for admission.
Admission tests are conducted between Jan-Feb every year.
Note: Birth certificate issued in the past 6 months are not acceptable.
Prospective candidates will be informed of the test results after a period of four weeks from the time of evaluation via email. All decisions regarding the selection of students is made by a panel and are considered final.
Admission Procedure (Pre-Nursery, Nursery, KG-I and KG-II)
Registration for new admissions continues for three days. The dates for registration are announced early in January every year and are displayed on Dawood Public School website. For the convenience of the parents, separate counters are set up. The staff on the counters ensures that the requisite documents are complete and in order, after which they issue a token. The parents are seated in the designated waiting areas to wait for the announcement of the number on the token. They then proceed to the data entry room for registration. The room is equipped with workstations dedicated for entering the credentials of the candidates and their parents into a central database by using a custom-built online software system, while admit cards are printed and issued to the parents.
After the data entry, the parents are given a printed form to review the data and sign it. The form is submitted along with the required documents at the clearance counter. The counter, after receiving registration fee, issues a Clearance Slip/Admit Card which contains the date and time for the test and interview.
Kindly fill and download the online registration form and bring the completed form along with the documents at the time of registration. (Incomplete registration forms will not be acceptable).
Admissions for Higher Classes (I to X):
Admissions for higher classes open on the basis of the availability of seats in each class. The dates for registration are announced early in January every year and are displayed on the DPS website.
The admission procedure for higher classes remains the same as for Pre-Primary.
Terms and Conditions:
- The decisions of Admissions Committee are full and final.
- Although siblings are given some preference, admission is not guaranteed and is based on the overall assessment process.
- Parents must ensure that they bring all the necessary documents with them.
- The School reserves the rights of admission. Any person being rude, obstreperous or attempting to bribe the staff will immediately be evicted from the School premises, and their child struck off the list of candidates.
- Parents must comply with the rules and regulations of the School.
- The School reserves the right to check the person and personnel affects of all those allowed into the School premises for security reasons.
- The registration fee for admission tests is non-refundable.
- The School is not responsible for the loss of any personal affects.
- It is advisable for only one parent to come per applicant.
- Children brought to the School during the admissions process are the responsibility of the parent.